- EDUCATION: Northwestern University, BME and BMT magna cum laude, Shenandoah University, MM University of Miami, post – graduate studies at Johns Hopkins
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: William S. Hall Institute, Columbia, South Carolina, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center hospitals and clinics
- CREDENTIALS: LPC, CSAC, MAC, MT-BC, DAPA
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Families, Older Adults and Couples
- SERVICES PROVIDED: DBT, CBT, IRT, Mindfulness, Alternative Medicine, Music Psychotherapy, Relational therapy, Relapse Prevention, Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- MEMBERSHIP: AMTA, CBMT, NAADAC
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia and District of Columbia
For over 30 years, Dan Martino has been an educator, therapist and clinician who has helped many different consumers in public and private school, medical, mental health and addiction treatment programs. He has treated a wide range of clients, including Holocaust survivors, burn victims, special needs students and 9/11/01 survivors.
Dan has provided consultation, group and individual therapy for many different clients in inpatient, residential and outpatient facilities as well as consumers in private practice. Some of the locations in Florida included the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center Hospitals and Clinics, Harbor View Hospital, Parkway Regional Medical Center and Columbia Hospital satellites. In Virginia, a sampling of centers include (the former) Winchester Memorial Hospital, the Recovery Center of Northern Virginia, and Michael Borash and Associates. He established the counseling program at Virginia Advanced Medical Center.
Dan was a clinical supervisor at the University of Miami and has provided supervision for graduate counseling students from Marymount and George Mason Universities. He has taken advanced training in IMAGO Relationship Therapy, mindfulness and behavioral medicine and conducted research in psychoneuroimmunology at the University of Miami. Dan has presented various topics at several local and national conferences.
Dan helps family members navigate systems to pinpoint appropriate treatment options for their affected family members. Specialties for consumers include comprehensive assessments and court-ordered evaluations. Clients who present with anxiety and panic disorders, depression, addictions and difficulties in relationships are provided with evidenced-based, cost-effective treatment strategies and alternatives.
Dan welcomes inquiries from prospective clients and provides free phone consultations.