Gagandeep Singh, M.D.
- EDUCATION: University of Delhi, India, M.D.
- RESIDENCY: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- CREDENTIALS: M.D., Board Certified Psychiatrist. Added Qualifications In Psychosomatic Medicine, ECT Certification And Suboxone Certification.
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Medication Management and Individual Therapy
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychiatric Association
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Singh is a Mayo Clinic trained, board certified psychiatrist who treats children, adolescents and adults.
He holds a senior leadership position and is accountable for the mental health/psychiatry work done at all the Inova hospitals, outpatient clinics and ERs in Northern Virginia. In this capacity, Dr. Singh supervises other psychiatrists and leads clinical efforts across that health system. He has admitting privileges at each of the Inova hospitals. As a part of this work he also continues to be involved in the training and education of the next generation of physicians and psychiatrists.
Dr. Singh has been in practice since 2001, initially in Iowa where he had a busy practice seeing patients from ages 4 thru a 100. He subsequently was on faculty at the University of Utah Medical Center. He also served as the senior psychiatrist for the University of Utah counseling center for several years. During this time, he also directed the electroconvulsive treatment (ECT) service for the University of Utah Hospitals.
Dr. Singh has consistently received awards for his clinical expertise and the care he has given his patients. He is the recipient of the very prestigious Karis Award _ an award bestowed at the Mayo Clinic for displaying qualities of caring, respect, integrity, team spirit and excellence in clinical care. He has additional board certification in treating those with combined medical and psychiatric issues.
Dr. Singh feels humbled to be able to help heal his patients and strongly believes that he specializes in seeing people not diseases in his clinical work.