- EDUCATION: The George Washington University, B.A., East Carolina University, M.A., C.A.S., North Carolina State University, Ph.D.
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Project Enlightenment, Raleigh, NC, Harnett County Public Schools, NC, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Iowa City, IA
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in School Psychology
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Pediatric, Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Developmental Assessments, Psychoeducational Assessments, Psychological Assessments for Developmental Disorders (e.g., Autism Spectrum Disorders), Cognitive Abilities (IQ/Gifted Testing), ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Executive Functioning, IEP Planning and School Accommodations (elementary, secondary and post-secondary standardized exams such as the SAT, GRE, MCAT and LSAT), as well as Cogmed Coaching, Parent Guidance, Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Behavioral Modification, Interpersonal and Psychodynamic Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy.
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts and National Association of School Psychologists
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Wong specializes in working with children with autism spectrum disorders (e.g., Autism, Asperger’s Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified), disruptive behavioral disorders (e.g., Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder), anxiety disorder, mood disorders (e.g., Depression, Bipolar Disorder), Tourette’s Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and learning issues in the schools through therapy and psychological evaluations. Experiences include working in private practice and outpatient, day treatment and inpatient psychiatric clinics at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, school districts in North Carolina and Iowa, presenting in state and national presentations. Other experiences include research, adjunct professor in the School Psychology program at the University of Iowa, Consulting Editor for the American Psychological Association’s Clinicians Research Digest and doctoral level supervision in clinical settings.