Margarita Avedisian, Ph.D.
- EDUCATION: University of Maryland, B.A., Loyola College of Baltimore, M.A., Catholic University of America, Ph.D., The George Washington University Respecialization in Clinical Psychology
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: St. Elizabeth’s Hospital and Northwest Child and Family Clinic
- CREDENTIALS: Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Doctorate Degree in Developmental Psychology and Respecialization in Clinical Psychology
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Faith Based Counseling, Solution Focused Therapy and Various Assessments for Individuals, Couple’s, Families and Groups, as well as Parental Guidance, Developmental Assessments, Parent Capacity Assessments, Neuropsychological Assessments, Psychoeducational Assessments and Psychological Assessments
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Maggie Avedisian has been working in the field of psychology for the past 25 years. As a researcher at the National Institute of Child and Human Development, she devoted attention to attachment theory and the role of child-care in development. Dr. Avedisian has worked in the Fairfax County and D.C. school systems, and she has been practicing in private therapy for the past 7 years.
Dr. Avedisian received additional psychotherapy and assessment training at in-patient facilities including, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Northern Virginia Adult Mental Health Center, and Spring Grove Hospital Center (Catonsville, MD). Dr. Avedisian is a member of the American Psychological Association, and the Virginia Psychological Association.