- EDUCATION: Temple University, BSW and MSW; post graduate work at Eastern University in School Psychology
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Comhar Community Mental Health Outpatient Clinic, Philadelphia, PA; Council Rock School District, Newtown, PA>
- CREDENTIALS: LCSW, Certified School Psychologist, Certified Cognitive Therapist in Community Mental Health
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, and Adults; Therapy for Individuals and Groups
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Cognitive Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Coaching, Psychoeducational Assessment, and Psychological Assessment
- MEMBERSHIP: National Association of School Psychologists
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia and Pennsylvania, Virginia Department of Education, and Pennsylvania Department of Education
Morganne Owens uses Cognitive Therapy, an empirically supported method, to explore the relationship between an individual’s thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Morganne was trained by Dr. Aaron Beck’s (the founder of Cognitive Therapy) colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania, and has experience in social work, psychotherapy, and school psychology. Morganne works with children, adolescents, and adults; and has advanced training and experience in working with anxiety, mood disorders, chronic mental health illness, stress, and trauma. Morganne joins with clients to identify adaptive and realistic ways for change.
In addition, Morganne has experience in school psychology to include assessment/evaluations, consultation, and observations. She has experience with cross-cultural populations, and learning and behavior challenges. Morganne utilizes warmth in her work with children, adolescents, and adults.