Morganne Owens, LCSW
- EDUCATION: Temple University, BSW, MSW; Eastern University, School Psychologist Certificate
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Comhar, Community Mental Health Agency, Council Rock School District
- CREDENTIALS: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Pennsylvania & Virginia Certified School Psychologist, Certified Cognitive Therapist in Community Mental Health
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Cognitive Therapy/Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Individuals and Groups and Psychoeducational and Psychological Assessments
Morganne Owens uses Cognitive Therapy, an empirically supported method, to explore the relationship between an individual’s thoughts, feelings and behavior and to address problems in functioning. Morganne was trained by Dr. Aaron Beck’s (the founder of Cognitive Therapy) colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania, and she has experience in social work, psychotherapy, and school psychology. Morganne works with children, adolescents, and adults; and has advanced training and experience in working with anxiety, mood disorders, chronic mental health illness, stress, and trauma. She utilizes warmth and collaboration in her therapeutic relationships, with the goal of helping clients identify adaptive and realistic ways for change.