- EDUCATION: Saint Michael’s College, B.A.; Saint Michael’s College, M.A.; Antioch New England Graduate School, Psy.D.
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital, John Howard Pavilion
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Certified Sex Offender Treatment Provider, School Psychologist
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Psychological, Psychoeducational, and Forensic Evaluations (parenting capacity, sexual recidivism, violence risk, substance abuse, duty for fitness, and competency) and Cognitive-Behavior, Interpersonal and Psychodynamic and Solution Focused Therapy for Individuals, Couple’s and Groups
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association and the Society for Personality Assessment, Associate Professor for Argosy University, teaching courses in assessment, ethics, and sex offender evaluation and treatment
- LICENSURE: District of Columbia and Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Rachel Martell received her Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology from Antioch New England Graduate School and her MA in Psychology from Saint Michael’s College. Upon completion of her degree, she was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital. This advanced training took place in the forensic unit at the Hospital. At Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital, Dr. Martell conducted psychosexual, violence risk, neuropsychological and psychological evaluations with adults. She co-facilitated mental health, substance abuse, sex offender, and competency restoration groups. Dr. Martell also provided clients with psychotherapy.
While completing her Postdoctoral Fellowship, Dr. Martell was hired by the DC Superior Court Child Guidance Clinic as a Staff Psychologist. She works full-time at the DC Superior Court, supervising and conducting psychological, psychoeducational, violence risk, competency, and psychosexual evaluations for adjudicated children and adolescents. At times, Dr. Martell is also conducts parenting capacity and other evaluations with adults. She supervises/ facilitates the Court’s psychotherapy/ cognitive-behavioral therapy groups. Dr. Martell was formerly involved with the Court’s juvenile sex offender program.
Dr. Martell serves as an independent consultant for APS, conducting evaluations. Although predominately involved in forensic cases, she also tests children, utilizing her skills as a former licensed school psychologist for grades K through 12. She is also Certified as a Sex Offender Treatment Provider (CSOTP). She recently became an associate faculty member for Argosy University, teaching courses in assessment, ethics, and sex offender evaluation and treatment.