- EDUCATION: University of Oxford, United Kingdom, UK
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Mayo Clinic, MN; UCLA, CA
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in Developmental Psychology, Post-Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Neuropsychological Assessments, Psychoeducational Assessments, Psychological Assessments, Developmental Assessments for Developmental Disorders (e.g., Autism Spectrum Disorders), Cognitive Abilities (IQ/Gifted Testing), ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Executive Functioning, IEP Planning and School Accommodations (elementary, secondary and post-secondary standardized exams such as the SAT, GRE, MCAT and LSAT), as well as Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Behavioral Modification, Existential Therapy, Interpersonal and Psychodynamic Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy for Individuals, Families, Couples and Groups
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Wahi is an Oxford-educated Developmental Psychologist. She obtained her Post-Doctoral Respecialization Clinical Psychology training at the Mayo Clinic, MN and the Neuropsychiatric Institute, UCLA.
When working with children, Dr. Wahi uses both play therapy as well as evidenced-based therapies such as, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help children alter their maladaptive thought and behavior patterns. An essential component of her work includes parent coaching and instituting a behavioral reward system in the home.
In addition to working with children, Dr. Wahi also specializes in women’s health issues. These include: mood and anxiety disorders, prenatal and postpartum adjustments, eating and weight disorders/body image issues, coping with cancer and issues related to cancer genetics, stage of life transitions, relational issues, adjustment to major change/work-life balance and grief/loss throughout the life cycle.
Dr. Wahi is also trained to provide psychological and psycho-educational evaluations for children, adolescents and adults.