Zafar Rasheed, M.D.
- EDUCATION: George Mason University, B.A., Spartan Neoucom Health Sciences University School of Medicine, M.D.
- RESIDENCY: Northeast Ohio University College of Medicine, Adult Psychiatry, and Drexel University College of Medicine, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- CREDENTIALS: M.D., Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBER: The American Psychiatric Association, The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and The Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Society of Greater Washington
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Rasheed values the importance of working as a team in the care and treatment of his patients at APS. He believes that the psychiatrist must work closely with the therapist, the school and the parents when treating a child or adolescent. Coordination of care for Dr. Rasheed is essential to eliciting symptom reduction and meaningful (and lasting) positive change in patients.
Dr. Rasheed is also a consulting child and adolescent psychiatrist for Fairfax County Goverment at the Springfield Mental Health Clinic, for the Juvenile Detention Center and for the BETA Alcohol and Drug Services Program for adolescents. From 2005-2010, Dr. Rasheed also served as a consulting psychiatrist for the Crossroads Program, a residential treatment program for adolescents suffering from alcohol and drug addiction.
Dr. Rasheed provides comprehensive care for his patients at APS through collaboration with colleagues of medicine, psychiatry, and psychology.