- EDUCATION: Cornell University, B.A., Robert Larner College of Medicine, M.D.
- RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP: University of Arizona, Pediatrics
Children’s Hospital Boston, Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Children’s Hospital Boston, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- CREDENTIALS: M.D., Board Certification in Pediatrics and Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children and Adolescents, ages 2 years to 18 years
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Psychiatric and developmental evaluations of children and adolescents and Medication Management
- MEMBERSHIP: American Academy of Pediatrics, Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Ashburn Psychological and Psychiatric Services is privileged to have on our clinical team renowned child psychiatrist Dr. Jeryl D. Kershner, who specializes in child and adolescent psychiatry and developmental and behavioral pediatrics, and sub-specializes in the pharmacology of developmental and psychiatric problems. Dr. Jeryl D. Kershner is a recognized expert in the psychopharmacology and medication management of children and adolescents with psychiatric and developmental disorders. She specializes in treating anxiety and depression, mood disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders, behavior issues, eating disorders, learning disorders, school phobias, and sleep disorders. Dr. Kershner combines a warm and compassionate approach to providing safe and effective treatment plans for each of her patients.
Dr. Kershner pursued undergraduate studies in Human Genetics at Cornell University, received her medical degree, M.D. with honors from The Robert Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society. She completed her internship and residency in pediatrics at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson, ran a busy private pediatric practice focusing on behavioral disorders of children and adolescents, completed fellowships at the Harvard Medical School, Department of Child Psychiatry and at the Developmental Medical Center of Children’s Hospital Boston, where she served on the faculty. Dr. Kershner also worked with Dr. Richard Ferber in the Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center at Children’s Hospital Boston.
Dr. Kershner wrote a textbook on Child Psychiatry for Pediatricians and is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. She is a member of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Kershner’s specialized training in Child Psychiatry, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine and Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics is a big plus. Her knowledge is backed up years of experience working with families. Dr. Kershner listens to parents in creating a customized and comprehensive plan including evaluation, possible testing, and a combination of therapy and/or medication to formulate a personalized treatment plan for your child.