- EDUCATION: Virginia Commonwealth University, B.S., George Mason University, M.A./CAGS
- INTERNSHIP: Loudoun County Public Schools
- CREDENTIALS: Licensed School Psychologist, Nationally Certified School Psychologist
- TREATENT POPULATION: Children and Adolescents
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Psychoeducational Assessments, Psychological Assessments for Cognitive Abilities (IQ/Gifted Testing), Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Executive Functioning, IEP Planning and School Accommodations, Counseling rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and mindfulness for depression, anxiety, autism, attention and executive functioning, self-esteem, school problems, and interpersonal problems.
- MEMBERSHIP: National Association of School Psychologists
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Maral Abooali provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments for children and adolescents. Comprehensive psychoeducational testing investigates an individual’s strengths and weaknesses in all cognitive domains, including: general ability (IQ), attention, learning and memory, visual-spatial skills and visual-motor organization, language development and auditory processing, executive functioning (e.g., planning and organization, working memory, inhibition), academic skills, and psychological and emotional functioning. In addition to diagnostic assessments, Maral provides therapy for children and adolescents to address a wide variety of psychological needs, including depression, anxiety, behavioral concerns, autism, attention and executive functioning, self-esteem, and interpersonal challenges.
Maral earned her specialist degree in School Psychology from George Mason University. Her internship was completed with Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS). Being a graduate of LCPS herself, Maral understands the unique challenges school-age children in the area face.
Maral has worked as a secondary-level School Psychologist in LCPS since 2017 and in private practice since 2020. By utilizing cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavior therapy approaches, Maral has helped many youth develop the necessary skills to build resilience and self-advocacy, manage their emotions, and improve interpersonal functioning.