- EDUCATION: Clark University, B.A., Drexel University, Ph.D.
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Tulane University School of Medicine
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate of Clinical Psychology and Specialization in Clinical Neuropsychology, Cogmed Coach
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Neuropsychological Assessments, Psychoeducational Assessments, Psychological Assessments for Cognitive Abilities (IQ/Gifted Testing), Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Executive Functioning, IEP Planning and School Accommodations (elementary, secondary and post-secondary standardized exams such as the SAT, GRE, MCAT and LSAT), Dementia/Mild Cognitive Impairment, Brain Injury/Concussion Management, Neurological and Autoimmune Disorders, as well as Cogmed Coaching
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Gordon provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments for children, adolescents and adults. Comprehensive neuropsychological testing investigates an individuals strengths and weaknesses in all cognitive domains, including: general ability (IQ), attention, learning and memory, visual-spatial skills and visual-motor organization, language development and auditory processing, executive functioning (e.g., planning and organization, working memory, inhibition), academic skills, and psychological and emotional functioning.
Dr. Gordon earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Drexel University in Philadelphia. Her predoctoral and postdoctoral training was conducted at Tulane University in New Orleans, during which time she further specialized in clinical and forensic neuropsychology. She provided clinical services to children and adults and conducted research in the areas of surgical treatment of epilepsy, malingering, memory, toxic exposure and forensic evaluations.
Dr. Gordon has been in private practice since 1999. Her clinical experience has included working with individuals with learning disabilities, ADHD, autism and other spectrum disorders, head injury, and internationally adopted children. She has assisted parents with the IEP process in Fairfax and Loudoun County school systems (among others) in order to assure appropriate educational placements and/or accommodations for their children. Dr. Gordon is licensed in Virginia and is a member of the American Psychological Association and National Academy of Neuropsychology.