- EDUCATION: Rutgers University New Brunswick, New Jersey B.A., Rider University Lawrenceville New Jersey M.A.
- INTERNSHIP: The Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center (DDDC) at Rutgers University, New Jersey
- CREDENTIALS: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, Adults and Families
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Behavior Therapy, Parent Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Social Skills Assessments, Functional Behavior Assessments, Developmental Assessments (ADOS-2), School Planning Meetings, Social Skills Groups
- MEMBERSHIPS: ACT Matrix Academy, Virginia Association for Behavior Analysts, District of Columbia Association for Behavior Analysts, Zero to Three Organization
- LICENSURE: VA Licensed Behavior Analyst, ACT and Pro-Social Matrix certification
Elena received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from Rutgers College at Rutgers University and earned her graduate degree in Education from Rider University. She started her career at The Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center (DDDC) at Rutgers University. She worked with families, consulted to public schools, and private organizations. She has presented at state wide conferences on topics ranging from social and emotional learning to autism and teenage girls. She was the director of the HI-STEP summer social skills program in Pennington, NJ for 3 years.
Elena provides services for families, children, adolescents and adults using behavioral approaches such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Applied Behavior Analysis. She incorporates mindfulness strategies into sessions to promote awareness of self and others. She facilitates social skills groups for teens, and she also leads parent training groups.
Elena works with schools to help develop a culture and climate that promotes social and emotional learning in all classrooms. Elena leads training sessions for school administrators and school personnel.