- EDUCATION: University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- RESIDENCY: University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Adult Psychiatry Program , University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program.
- CREDENTIALS: M.D., Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBER: The American Psychiatric Association, The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and The Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Society of Greater Washington
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia, Maryland.
Dr. Iqbal is double board certified in Child & Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry and believes in the integrative and collaborative treatment approach towards patients, their family and other professionals involved. Dr. Iqbal specializes in treating ADHD, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders, Psychosis, PTSD and women’s mental health.
After deciding that she wanted the ability to treat a full range of ages, she completed specialized training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry through the fellowship program at the University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt. During this fellowship, Dr. Iqbal served as the Chief Fellow for Sheppard Pratt health System. She was also the winner of the SAMHSA/AACAP award during her training and has special interest in systems of care approach and integrative medicine and treatment modules.
Dr. Iqbal continues to work as an Assistant Professor with the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at University of Maryland, Baltimore where she is responsible for supervising residents and fellows, Maryland medicaid medication authorizations as well as being the consultant psychiatrist for the Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick Maryland.