- EDUCATION: The Catholic University of America, Ph.D.; the George Washington University, Post-Doctoral Respecialization in Clinical Child Psychology
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: St. Elizabeths Hospital
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in Developmental Psychology with Post-Doctoral Respecialization in Clinical Child Psychology
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Individual, Couples, Family and Co-Parenting Therapies
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Avedisian received her Doctoral Degree in Developmental Psychology from The Catholic University of America and her Post-Doctoral Respecialization in Clinical Child Psychology from the George Washington University.
Dr. Avedisian has been in private practice since 2003, specializing in child, adolescent, adult, couples and family therapy using a behavior therapy approach. She has experience working with clients presenting with a variety of concerns, including depression and anxiety, aggression and noncompliance issues, and intellectual and educational disabilities.
Dr. Avedisian has been published in numerous academic journals, including The International Journal of Infant Behavioral Development and Adolescence. She has also presented at conferences throughout the country on the subject of child development.