- EDUCATION: University of Buffalo, B.A., Hofstra University, Ph.D. with distinction
- INTERNSHIP: Sagamore Children’s Psychiatric Center, New York City Public Schools
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in Clinical and School Psychology
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Families and Couples
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy, Behavior Therapy, Parent Management Training, Parenting Support during life crises and while parenting a difficult child, Encopresis
- MEMBERSHIP: Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists, National Register of Health Care Professionals in Psychology
- LICENSURE: Clinical Psychologist Commonwealth of Virginia, Clinical Psychologist New York State, School Psychologist New York State Certification
Dr. Susan Ross received her Doctoral Degree in Clinical and School Psychology from Hofstra University and completed internships in both Clinical and School placements. Following one year in Canada where she was the Director of Assessment and Training for Jackson-Smye, an Industrial Psychology corporation, she was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Albany Medical College for 5 years.
Dr. Ross then entered private practice working with a population of children, adolescents and adults using behavioral and cognitive behavioral approaches combined with parent management training and communication skills training.
Dr. Ross has worked with individuals, families and couples. Because of her work at a tertiary care Children’s Hospital she has also worked with chronically and terminally ill children and their families. While not currently doing so, Dr. Ross has also done several years of Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy.