- EDUCATION: University of Mary Washington Fredericksburg, Virginia B.S., The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Online M.A., Florida Institute of Technology Online Post Graduate ABA Certificate
- INTERNSHIP: Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) Alexandria, Virginia
- CREDENTIALS: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents, Adults and Families
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Applied Behavior Analysis, Discrete Trial Training (DTT), Natural Environment Training (NET), Pivotal Response Training (PRT), Verbalization and Visualization, Parent Training, Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), Behavior Intervention Plans(BIP), Vineland Adaptive Assessment, VB- MAPP, IEP Review/ Attendance, Social Skills Groups, Feeding, Pill Swallowing, Toilet Training, Augmentative Communication Device (ACD) Support, Programming and Training
- MEMBERSHIPS: Applied Behavior Analysis International ( ABAI), Virginia Association for Behavior Analysts (VABA)
- LICENSURE: Licensed Behavior Analyst (LBA)
Ellen received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia in 2006 where she started direct 1:1 ABA therapy at Reaching Potentials. She worked with elementary aged students in the school setting with social and emotional delays through Region 10 Community Service Board in Lovingston, Virginia. She worked with the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) in San Diego, California and Alexandria, Virginia for 9 years, conducting direct 1:1 ABA services with clients ranging from 18 months to 26 years of age. She completed her Masters in Child and Adolescent Development from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCS) in 2012. During her masters work, she developed a parent training program combining the needs of families with children with disabilities and military families. She completed her Post Masters certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in 2014.
She has facilitated social skills groups with both children and adolescents. She has worked with individuals with Downs Syndrome, Prader Willi Syndrome, Anxiety, Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Fragile X and Tuberous Sclerosis. She has worked with clients with encopresis and enuresis. She has significant experience in feeding issues, toilet training, desensitization and pill swallowing protocol. She has experience with behavioral issues including self injury, aggression, property destruction, visual and motor stereotypies and vocal protest. She has training in trauma informed care and has worked with students in foster placements.
She has experience collaborating with families and their children’s schools to support behavioral and skill development across settings. She can conduct modification of school curriculum for home-schooled students, participate in IEP meetings, IEP review, school observations and coordination with school districts.
Ellen has extensive experience with augmentative communication devices (ACD) and programming including TouchChat, ProLoquo, LAMP, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and American Sign Language (ASL). She also has worked extensively with Speech providers to support her clients on PROMPT methodology.
She has conducted presentations on parent training with the ARC of Northern Virginia, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Applied Behavior Analysis with Best Buddies, and has conducted training for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) on signs of autism and support individuals with autism during emergencies. She has experience with conducting training for residential homes and respite facilities.
Ellen provides services for families, children, adolescents and adults using behavioral approaches from Applied Behavior Analysis including Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and Natural Environment Training (NET). She also utilizes components from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Motivational Interviewing.