- EDUCATION: Northwestern University, B.S., George Washington University, Psy.D.
- INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP: Pennsylvania Hospital
- CREDENTIALS: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Nationally Certified Custody Evaluator and Parenting Coordinator
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Children, Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Interpersonal and Psychodynamic Therapy and Solution Focused Brief Therapy for Individuals, Couples, Groups and Families
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychological Association, the Virginia Psychological Association, the Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists, the Northern Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists, and Chief Mental Health Advisor for the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Northern Virginia
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Michael Oberschneider is a highly accredited clinical psychologist and the founder of Ashburn Psychological and Psychiatric Services. Dr. Oberschneider has spent the past 12 years working as a psychologist in a variety of capacities with children, adolescents and adults. Dr. Oberschneider has practiced as a staff psychologist at an in-patient hospital unit, the United States Justice Department, the City of Alexandria (Youth and Family Services) and in private practice.
Dr. Oberschneider has published several articles in prestigious academic journals including: Clinical Child Psychiatry and Psychology, the Archives of Sexual Behavior, and the Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Dr. Oberschneider has also written numerous articles as a mental health expert for several newspapers, including the Washington Post. Dr. Oberschneider has been featured on CNN Nightly News, Good Morning America, NPR, News Channel 8, as well as other media spots, as a mental health expert. He has presented at national conventions, such as the American Psychological Association, Division 39, Annual Meeting, and he has received honorary awards for his published work. Dr. Oberschneider is frequently invited to present on various mental health topics by local and national agencies and organizations.
Dr. Oberschneider received additional psychotherapy and assessment training at the following locations: Children’s National Medical Center, The DC Superior Courts, Howard University Counseling Center, the Speech and Language Center of Northern Virginia, the Center Clinic of the George Washington University, the N Street Village Residential Facility, the Baltimore Washington Center of Psychoanalysis and the Pennsylvania Center of Psychoanalysis.
In 2009, Dr. Oberschneider was awarded the esteemed “Top Psychologist” ranking in the Washingtonian Magazine for his outstanding work with children and adolescents. Dr. Oberschneider is the only clinical psychologist in all of Loudoun County to receive this honor.