Malika Seth, M.D.
- EDUCATION: Princeton University, B.A., Weill Medical College of Cornell University, M.D.
- RESIDENCY: Payne Whitney Clinic of New York, Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University
- CREDENTIALS: M.D., Board Certification in Adult Psychiatry
- TREATMENT POPULATIONS: Older Adolescents and Adults
- SERVICES PROVIDED: Medication Management and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Individuals and Couples
- MEMBERSHIP: American Psychiatric Association
- LICENSURE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dr. Malika Seth is a trained Adult Psychiatrist. She has been certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Her main areas of interest are women’s health, including during pregnancy and post-partum, cross-cultural psychiatry, depression, bipolar, OCD, panic and general anxiety disorders. She works with individuals and couples. She believes that the most effective treatment often combines psychotherapy with medication, and offers both therapy and medication management in her practice.
Dr. Seth studied Neurobiology at Princeton University and received her medical degree from Cornell University. Her psychiatry residency was at the Payne Whitney Center of Cornell University. After her training she had a private practice in Manhattan and was a Clinical Instructor and Assistant Attending in Psychiatry at Cornell University. She taught a course for residents on Cross-Cultural Psychiatry which focused on culturally relevant factors of psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. She also received a teaching award in Psychosomatic Medicine. She is focused on providing comprehensive care for her patients, including therapy, medication management, and collaboration with other providers.